Ready to see financial intelligence as it should be?
Practice SafeGuard is a new web service for large dental groups that rolls your Dentrix or DentalVision financial data into real-time performance metrics and custom reports. It’s an ad-hoc analytics tool that is so easy to use, you can create unlimited reports yourself from any ledger field for any number of locations, and get unprecedented insight into your business performance to meet your specific reporting needs.
At the same time, it monitors your ledgers and alerts you to problematic entries the moment they’re detected, so that you can maintain accounting accuracy and prevent mistakes or embezzlement in your branches. With Practice SafeGuard, you can:
- Compile financials from any number of locations and export data to Excel
- Finally see financials (such as production, collections, and A/R) by location, provider, payor, procedure code, date range and more
- Unlock your Dentrix data with true performance tracking and business intelligence using web-based analytics, reports and dashboards you can access from anywhere
- Speed audits and accounting accuracy with 24×7 ledger monitoring and instant alerts that help you detect mistakes or potential fraud
- Schedule reports to hit any inbox at any frequency
With Practice SafeGuard monitoring your ledger and generating your financial reports, you can automatically share insight and delight your trainers and consultants with hard data they can use to be faster and more accurate at their jobs. Even better, your income is protected and you get performance data you can use to make better decisions, properly allocate funding and intelligently grow your business.
All multi-location dental groups run a bit differently. The PSG team has deep IT expertise on staff, and we’ll deploy to your specifications, whether you prefer an on-premise install at your HQ, or a hosted/managed solution that we maintain for you.
- We strongly recommend a dedicated server so that your full database is available and your reports run fast and efficiently
- Web access is available via any browser, no matter which model you choose
- Pricing proposals are customized by hardware/development requirements, reporting depth and training needs
Request a Demo to see what Practice SafeGuard can do for your practice.
Web technology benefits
Practice SafeGuard is the only web-based monitoring system of its kind for large dental groups. Here’s why you’ll love it:
- It makes your Dentrix data flexible enough to provide true financial intelligence
- It runs invisibly—teams won’t know it’s there unless you share it
- It’s available 24×7 from any device with a web browser
- No more “upgrades”, just fresh data every time you log in
Request a Demo to see what Practice SafeGuard can do for your practice.
Click to see how Practice SafeGuard works with Dentrix G5
Practice SafeGuard monitors your Dentrix G5 ledger and alerts you to problematic entries via email the moment they’re detected. Henry Schein is so confident we’re the best thing for every Dentrix G5 user, they’ve placed us under exclusive to give Henry Schein practices the competitive edge.
When you receive an error alert from Practice SafeGuard and call your staff to ask what’s up, you instantly convey that you’re aware and in control of your financial flow in detail. Whether the issue is a simple mistake or something worse, it’s a powerful message to the whole team: mistakes will be corrected, and fraud will not go unnoticed for long. It’s the perception of protection.
With Practice SafeGuard snuggled into your Dentrix G5 practice, rest assured knowing you will now:
- Automatically monitor every ledger entry 24×7 and be alerted to extreme or unusual transactions
- Identify and resolve issues in your ledger
- Protect against loss from vulnerabilities like potential identity theft, backdated accounts, discount allowances, future dated accounts, NSF checks adjustments, unusual fees, audit trail report numbers, and more
- Document issue resolutions and share Excel reports with professional teams to ensure that accountants, trainers and office managers have hard data they can use to do their jobs better
- Unlimited access means you can do all this from any web browser, any time, with today’s data
Practice SafeGuard is accessible via the web on any device, including smartphone, tablet, PC and Mac. We’re certified to work with Dentrix G5.
*Open the “Financial Alerts” toggle to understand why transaction monitoring is the critical foundation for financial security.*
Practice SafeGuard was founded by a practicing oral surgeon. We know that dental business needs are intense, and accounting staff are not always part of the team, so in addition to the critical 24×7 transaction monitoring that helps you protect your income, we created the ad hoc financial analytics that no dental practice software offered—until now.
If you’re a Dentrix G5 user, this means your financial data is now truly yours. With Practice SafeGuard’s advanced ad-hoc reporting engine connected to your Dentrix G5 database, you can run as many custom reports as you want on your entire financial history, any time, to close your revenue loops and satisfy your specific business needs.
Finally, you can understand your true financial performance:
- Communicate your overall business health in a flexible dashboard for high-level monitoring
- Dive deep into your data: analyze by date range, insurance carrier, claim record, provider, location, referrer, procedure code (including CPT and ICD9/10), modifier, or system user
- Understand your performance trends over any historical date range
- Create your own reports, charts and graphs to visualize your data—any time you want
- Save your reports and schedule to hit any inbox daily, weekly or monthly, in PDF or Excel format
- Unlimited access means you can do all this from any web browser, any time, with real-time data
What reports do you want?
Our Customers Say
My husband (DDS) and I (office manager) have attended Dr. Lewis’s seminars 4 times over the past 8 years. We always walk away with new ideas to strengthen our practice from the practice management aspect. What always amazes both of us is the endless energy and humorous presentation that Dr. Lewis always gives to his audiences. If you have not seen this presentation, then you are missing one of the best and entertaining seminars in healthcare!
Any other course on embezzlement other than Dr. Lewis' course is just an imitation! Other speakers may attempt to imitate Dr. Lewis, but they will never duplicate his seminar. No other speaker can bring the passion portrayed by Dr. Lewis’! Dr. Lewis didn’t just read about embezzlement… he lived embezzlement
Dr. Lewis' book, Employee Embezzlement and Fraud in the Dental Office is an excellent manual and mandatory reading for all healthcare professionals in practice today. The information is well-researched and presented. The main feature for me was the employment portion; prevention of the possibility of embezzlement. That portion alone is an excellent manual on hiring.
Dr. Lewis' presentation on office embezzlement was exceptionally entertaining and interesting! My only regret was the time permitted was only one full day!?
Frequently Asked Questions
qDo I need a specific practice management software to run Practice SafeGuard?aPractice SafeGuard is currently available for OMSVision 2013 and Dentrix G5 and G6. We’ll add more Henry Schein applications throughout 2014; check this page or call us for the latest.
Is my data secure, and what precautions does Practice SafeGuard take?
Note: Practice SafeGuard is a third party application and manages its security independently from your source applications. We do not guarantee your practice network or software database security. You, as the source database licensee and user, are responsible for full and complete patient confidentiality in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (HIPAA).
qHow does Practice SafeGuard affect my software performance?
Practice SafeGuard does not affect software performance. Because it is web-based, no storage is needed on your servers. Your only download is a small installer which connects to your database every hour to retrieve fresh data. All that is needed to keep Practice SafeGuard current is an internet connection to your source database. Note: We are vigilant to ensure that our integrations with Dentrix and OMSVision are always current. If you have specific questions, please contact us.